Shoulder of Lamb is perfect for the slow cooker and it’s great if you’re on a budget as it’s one of the cheaper cuts of meat. There’s nothing nicer on a winter’s day than coming home to the smell of home cooked food as you walk through the door after a busy day.
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 2 tbsp oil 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Kg diced shoulder of lamb 1 litre stock
- 3 carrots Herbs – parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 2 onions 50g cornflour
- Brown the meat in a pan with the oil until coloured on all sides. Blend the cornflour with the meat when browning – this will help to thicken the sauce.
- Transfer to the slow cooker along with the carrots, onions, garlic, herbs, stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- Serve with potatoes or rice.
- Leftovers can be frozen.